If we do these thing when we drive we feel like there is nothing around us, and we forget there really is! This is dangerous, please think and be safe!
Did you ever hear of someone driving like a moron? I guess we all have! We’ve heard it, said it, and done it! We are all so busy, so important, and able to multi-task so well that, why shouldn’t we be able to drive in a moronless state. Now, some folks are just morons and can’t help it, it is just part of their being. But, there are those of us who drive like morons, by choices that we make while driving. Driving should take your full attention, it demands it, you are operating a huge piece of metal that is moving and a vehicle requires you to control it. Steering, stopping, parking, speeding up or slowing down, putting on directionals and if you don’t know this you are a moron. Most of us do these driving things without thinking, we do them all the time and don’t really consider what we are doing, so we feel we can add more tasks to the mix. We should not add more tasks to the mix! Here are 12 things you should not do while you are driving, or as the traffic ticket will say “operating a motor vehicle.”
You should NEVER do these things while driving – but people do them everyday!
1. Never talk on the phone without a headset. Talking on the phone, pull over and talk, give your driving full attention and your conversation full attention by doing them separately! If you talk on a headset while driving keep it short and remind yourself mentally you are driving, periodically.
2. Eating or drinking, obvious right, I’m not talking about popping a piece of gum or candy in your mouth. A friend told me today about a guy with a hoagie in one hand and a large soda in the other, and the guy was also on his cell phone, resting it against his head, to boot. Don’t eat your lunch and drive, pull over. If driving you can take a sip of water, coffee or tea but keep it in your cup holder rather than hold it. And, alcohol and driving don’t mix, please don’t drink and drive!
3. Texting, yesterday in the car next to me, this young lady was texting at the light. She didn’t notice the light turned green till the guy behind her laid on his horn. Don’t text and drive.
4. Two days ago a guy passed me on the right, he was talking on his cell phone and reading some papers while he did it. Scary!
5. I have a friend who shaves with an electric razor in the car. Bad idea, smart guy too, we all have moron potential! A friend told me he had seen a guy shaving with a Bic razor while he was driving. Shave at home or at work where you are safe, and at work you are getting paid, too! And, no brushing of your teeth in the car!
6. No email when you drive! We all get our email on our iPhones or Blackberrys or cell phones, now, what a convenience, but not while you are driving. We used to be able to wait till we were on our computers, either pull over and read it or wait till you’re parked. And, do not write emails when you drive!
7. Ladies, your hair and make up look good! Excuse me, great! You don’t need to be doing your face and hair, in the car if you are driving. And, no brushing of your teeth in the car!
8. Listening to music or other stuff on your iPod or MP3 player is no good, come on now, you need to be able to hear what’s going on and listening to headphones or ear buds blocks out all other sound. Don’t listen to iPods or MP3 players while you drive.
9. Reading the newspaper or a magazine, I’ve seen it done, what is so important that you need to read while you drive? If you need to read a map pull over!
10. Coaching other drivers on how to drive their cars. Yelling suggestions to others, maybe some creative hand signaling, getting frustrated and becoming an aggressive driver. I know it is hard with all the morons out there, hell, I’m sometimes one of them. But, drive your own car and follow these 12 tips to be safer.
11. Do not try to find that Abba CD in the stack of loose CDs you have in the console of your car while you drive. No one should have an accident while listening to Dancing Queen. As a matter of fact, no one should be listening to Abba or Dancing Queen!
12. Sex, never have sex in a car while you are driving, sounds funny, huh! You want funny, never have sex in a car when you are driving by yourself, or with a partner! Pull over or get a room!
Several of these folks described above could or should carpool, so, everyone can take turns driving and focusing on driving while they do it. And, when they aren’t driving in the carpool, they can do the things that they should not do while they drive, see above!
This is all to keep you safe and the other folks on the road safe. We will all have a better day because of it! If you have additional suggestions please add them in the reply space below!