This recipe was given to me by some of my friends.
It really went together well! It is delicious, healthy and low fat!
(1) 10 oz. pkg. chopped spinach
(1) cup part skim ricotta cheese
(1) 16 oz. can pinto beans (rinsed and drained)
(1) 15 oz. can black beans (rinsed and drained)
(6) 5 inch whole wheat tortillas
(2) cups refrigerated fresh salsa
8 oz. reduced-fat cheddar cheese
– Thaw, drain and squeeze dry spinach
– Preheat oven to 425 degrees
– Combine spinach and ricotta in a small
– Combine beans in a separate bowl
– Cut (3) tortillas into pieces and arrange in a solid layer in an 8 inch baking dish, coated with cooking spray
– Top with half of each of the beans, spinach/ricotta mixture, salsa and cheese.
– Repeat for the second layer (with cheese on top)
– Cover and bake for 25 minutes; uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned
– Let stand 10 minutes before serving
Makes 6 servings – Weight Watchers points value 6 pts. per serving