Here are some of my very favorite quotes about Luck and Opportunity:
• Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. – Thomas Edison
• Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get. – Ray Kroc
• It’s hard to detect good luck – it looks so much like something you’ve earned. – Frank A. Clark
• Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity. – Oprah Winfrey
• A sure-fire recipe for good luck? Consciously and continually look for opportunities – and then take action. – Steven Scott
I started thinking about luck and opportunity after hearing someone on the radio lament that opportunities are so fleeting. It’s often very true. Opportunity knocks and if you go for it, the opportunity and the outcome are yours, forever – not a bit fleeting. But, hesitate and the opportunity disappears.
I’m not advocating throwing caution to the wind. But a little risk taking paired with preparation and a willingness to work hard leads to all kinds of opportunities. Have a Go-For-It attitude and opportunities (and their outcomes) can be yours.
Have a Go-For-It attitude and so many wonderful things in life open up for you. Just like: be kind and the whole world seems to be filled with kind people, so too is it true: have a Go-For-It attitude and all kinds of opportunities appear!
If you want to live in a compassionate world, be compassionate.
If you want to be surrounded by kind people, be kind.
If you want opportunity, be ready: ready to take action, ready to work hard, ready because you have prepared yourself with knowledge.
And while you’re at it: Smile. Be happy.